Why We're More Than A Store?
Goodwill Industries was established on a national level in 1902 for the purpose of assisting in the rehabilitation of individuals with disabilities. This was to be accomplished through the sale of donated goods. Throughout the next several decades, many subsidiaries developed as an offshoot of the larger national organization. At present, there are 178 Goodwill Industries in North America, and 48 international agencies. Gulfstream Goodwill Industries, Inc. was established in 1966 to further carry out the mission of the organization on a local level. It currently serves Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Okeechobee and Indian River Counties.
Gulfstream Goodwill Industries assists people with disabilities and other barriers to employment to become self-sufficient, working members of our community.
Giving people a hand up rather than a hand out results in self-esteem and independence. We provide programs and services for individuals in Palm Beach, Martin, St. Lucie, Indian River, and Okeechobee counties.
Our Vision Statement
- We will be the premier provider of quality rehabilitation, employment and training opportunities for persons with barriers to employment and independence.
- We will be recognized as a community leader and partner, communicating closely and networking with key community groups to respond to ever-changing social problems and to ensure wide use of community resources.
- We will be a quality retailer, offering high quality, economical and fashionable merchandise in well-maintained locations in the communities we serve.
- We will be a quality industrial work program, providing timely delivery of products and services to community businesses and industry.
- We will practice a management philosophy that recognizes the value and respect of each employee and empowers them to learn, grow and be self-directing.
- We will operate all aspects of our organization to reflect application of sound business practices, demonstrate good stewardship in use of resources and maximize opportunities for persons with barriers to employment and independence
Learn more about us by attending our Goodwill WORKS! presentation, which is held every other month at our West Palm Beach Rehabilitation Center. Brian Edwards, Vice President of Marketing and Development, at (561) 848-7200 ext. 3250 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information..